Conduct (Re: World Domination?)

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Thu Apr 14 03:42:40 UTC 2005

I think you, Phillipe, misinterpret the idea of freedom of expression
that you refer to when arguing that Ubuntu becomes a cult where everyone
who critises becomes excommunicated:

freedom of expression does not mean that you are allowed to say anything
you like, but that you may express you oppinion equally to everyone
else, given a certain set of boundaries that are ubiquitous (e.g.
slander for example is forbidden in all countries afaik, where the
priciple of free speech is held high, by law and can be persecuted!) And
in this community there are some rules, too. You may accept them and
join or not (that choice you do not have in any country). You may also
challenge these in an _overt_ manner if you wish (that is a priviledge
of freedom of expression). But you may not disobey them!

If there wouldn't be any rules to govern freedom of expression one
probably ends up in anarchy. And in anarchy free speech is not possible
as inequality prevails. And that's certainly not where this community is
steering towards.

You're welcome to speek up but in accordance to the few rules given,
which includes not accusing other people without having any evidence.
And that too, it seems, is what you are doing when talking about Ubuntu
as the sugar coat to Cultism or Faschism or whatever.
And that's what mdz referred to: "If you would like to dispense with the
antagonism and vague accusations, and clearly explain the situation as
you perceive it, I am willing to listen." With emphasis on "clearly
explain", i.e. give at least some evidence to justify your "vague
accusations". And most certainly you're oppinion will be respected.

regards
.christoph

--

Christoph Georgi