Old Mac theme for Gnome ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Apr 12 18:50:04 UTC 2005

> i wonder if you could find the early mac os x server, before they did aqua.
> i am pretty sure that it had the unix underneath and the platinum interface.
> does anyone else remeber this?

Yep ! among the hundreds of screen shots that google returned, I saw
some OS-X "Beta" pics, which looked really nice, modern yet crisp and
clean. The windows borders didn't have all those buttons with funky
colors and all that.
The top panel looked really nice, it's background was some kind of
"letter" paper (textured white/ivory), with a nice blue logo on the
left. I want something like that...

> if you are up for some hardware hacking then have a look at http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/mac-itx/

He, I already knew this site (when I was searching for "quiet" hard
drives and power supplies for my PC), but didn't realise they were into
macs as well ! I shall log on the site in a minute...

> i know a place in manchester that has a shelf full of those old macs (i think for about £20 each),

Sounds great !!! :o)  If I may, I will archive your e-mail and probably
contact you in a few months, when my bank account feels better, and see
if this store has some pristine ivory/beige Tower case/central unit in
stock, hopefully with the matching Keyboard and mouse... :o)
I hope they are okay to ship stuff down here in Frog land.

> but there must be some on ebay. i have a via epia MII 600mhz, and runs ubuntu :-)

Really ? Wow, I always wondered if their motherboard would be able to
run Ubuntu and all the apps etc, now I know :o)

--
Vince