japanese input: let's add it to Ubuntu Starter Guide

Evan Monroig evan.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:26:46 UTC 2005

Also, it seems that if you choose a japanese locale (and install
"uim", "anthy" (also "scim-gtk2-immodule" and "scim-uim" if you want
to use SCIM), then the default methods are automatically selected for
you.

To install a japanese locale you have to choose the language when you
login in Gnome. If japanese is not available, you can add it with this
command
----
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
----
and in the menu you check ja_JP.UTF-8
Then you should restart Gnome (even the computer?? I don't know...) to
see the changes

Evan