gaim + guifications plugin

Adam Membrey membreya at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 11 00:20:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:21 am, Darryl Clarke wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 2:56 PM, Santiago Erquicia <santiago.erquicia at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Apr 10, 2005 9:47 AM, Miguel González Viñé <lichiman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I like this one with the buddy icon in a big size:
> > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1175917&group_
> > >id=92888&atid=676821
> > > http://www.soton.ac.uk/~psh103/Clearlooks_Human_Theme.png
> > >
> > >  It's great for Hoary.
> > >
> > >  Miguel.
> >
> > I tried to install it but says that the file is not a tar file.  How
> > did you install it?
>
> download the Clearlooks_Human.tar.gz file
> unpack it
> $ tar xzfv Clearlooks_Human.tar.gz
> move the unpacked folder to the themes dir.
> $ mv Clearlooks_Human ~/.gaim/guifications/themes/
>
> in gaim, goto the preferences -> plugins -> guifications, and select
> the new theme. if it's not there hit 'refresh'
>
> I had just installed guifications earlier today and thought it was a
> nice touch, but the default theme is weak. This Clearlooks one is much
> nicer.  Thanks!
>
> --
> ~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
> http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com
> International Clean Your Windows Day - April 22, 2005
> http://pileofcrap.org/news/2096/

Ok, it's probably just me missing something here, but I've installed
guifications, and enabled the plugin..but still no dice.  I don't get the
pretty little popups to say someone has signed in or that someone has sent me
a message :(

--
Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the giraffe, and the other to fill the bathtub

 [Surrealist jokes just aren't my cup of fur.  Ed.]