gaim + guifications plugin

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:21:17 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 2:56 PM, Santiago Erquicia <santiago.erquicia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 9:47 AM, Miguel González Viñé <lichiman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like this one with the buddy icon in a big size:
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1175917&group_id=92888&atid=676821
> >  http://www.soton.ac.uk/~psh103/Clearlooks_Human_Theme.png
> >
> >  It's great for Hoary.
> >
> >  Miguel.
> >

> I tried to install it but says that the file is not a tar file.  How
> did you install it?

download the Clearlooks_Human.tar.gz file
unpack it
$ tar xzfv Clearlooks_Human.tar.gz
move the unpacked folder to the themes dir.
$ mv Clearlooks_Human ~/.gaim/guifications/themes/

in gaim, goto the preferences -> plugins -> guifications, and select
the new theme. if it's not there hit 'refresh'

I had just installed guifications earlier today and thought it was a
nice touch, but the default theme is weak. This Clearlooks one is much
nicer.  Thanks!

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com
International Clean Your Windows Day - April 22, 2005
http://pileofcrap.org/news/2096/