Installing Ubuntu - 3c59x-prblem

Peter Simpson ubuntu at petethetree.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 20:48:15 UTC 2004

Your network card woes appear to be similar to mine which is in Bugzilla but
which I can no longer find.... :-(

Anyway, I now know that the problem may be a problem with the 2.6.8 kernel.

In my bug report I stated that I was able to run Sarge with no problems at
all: What I meant was that The business card d-i installed fine, but at
reboot the same problem appeared in Debian as I reported in Bugzilla for
Ubuntu.

(My bug report mentions 3c556b and 3c59x and timeout, but the search doesn't
return it!)

I do not know how to submit this upstream (i.e. to Debian) because I cannot
use bugreport (no removable media and no functioning network - oh dear).

Can anyone help, please?

Peter