Ubuntu Drive Visible to OS X?

Brett Kirksey ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Thu Sep 23 21:18:00 UTC 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 at 05:06+0800, John wrote:

> We don't need another distro for the average Linux user, all that does
> is take market share from the others.

I ask this honestly and not with sarcasm, can you direct me to a Linux distro that:

1) Can be installed from 1 CD.
2) Can be installed by the "average Windows user" without a problem.
3) Provides everything required for daily work/play with an intutive, usable
   interface.
4) Can be run on both PCs and Macs (and hopefully other processors as well like
   AMD).
5) Is up to date with current open source releases.

I haven't found one yet that meets all of these criteria--except Ubuntu.

Lindows/Linspire is out - No PPC support
SuSe is out - Dropped PPC support for all current and future releases
Mandrake is out - PPC distro is a full point version behind i386 distro
vanilla Debian is out - Could not be installed by the "average Windows user"

I would truly love to find another one so I could try it out.

Thanks
Brett