Ubuntu Drive Visible to OS X?

Brett Kirksey ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Wed Sep 22 16:02:54 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 at 15:16+0100, Peter Simpson wrote:

> You must not change any of the lines that are already there, but add a line to
> the end of the file that looks like this:
>
> /dev/hda1     /media/osx  auto   rw,auto  0  0
>
> . . .
>
> The "/media/osx" is a directory that you will have to create by issuing the
> command:
>
> sudo mkdir /media/osx

OK, I edited the fstab (needed to use 'hda9') and got it to recognize on startup. But when I go to /media/osx, it isn't showing me all of the contents of the drive. It's only showing 3 or 4 files (document icons with the gnome foot on them) that say "DesktopDB", "Finder", "System", etc. I know these are Mac files, but I don't know where the other contents of the disk are.

Any idea?

Thanks
Brett