Ubuntu Drive Visible to OS X?

Brett Kirksey ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Wed Sep 22 14:31:10 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 at 15:16+0100, Peter Simpson wrote:

>> An fstab is is a newer version of the classic diet drink.

> The "fstab" is a file. It is short for "filesystems table". It basically lists
> all the "disks" that you can use (otherwise known as "mount").

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this in the simplest terms! As I have said on other threads, if Ubuntu is going to be the OS that finally gets Linux on the average desktop, many people in the Linux community will need to change their assumptions about the level of knowledge the average Linux user posseses.

Thanks again
Brett