ubuntu vs debian

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at managesoft.com
Wed Sep 22 11:49:16 UTC 2004

...probably not the first time this subject came
up on this list.

As a debian unstable user I am someone who likes
to have the cutting edge, latest software versions.
No problems if a new version breaks ...but I am
sick of configuring stuff that after years and
years of linux should just work out of the box.
Maybe ubuntu to the rescue?

...I just a bit concerned about the availability
of packages. Debian has a lot of maintainers.
A lot of people/projects provide deb packages.
...for Debian.

But AFAIU I should not mix ubuntu with the usual
deb packages. What is the update schedule for
ubuntu packages? What if I need something that
is not in the "official" ubuntu sources list?

Is there something like packages.debian.org for
ubuntu?

cheers
--
Torsten