ubuntu vs debian

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Wed Sep 22 11:53:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 13:49 +0200, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> But AFAIU I should not mix ubuntu with the usual
> deb packages. What is the update schedule for
> ubuntu packages? What if I need something that
> is not in the "official" ubuntu sources list?
>
> Is there something like packages.debian.org for
> ubuntu?

Our stable releases will be every six months. During that time, we'll
have a development branch running, which you can 'dogfood'. This will
actually *be* sid (plus our changes) until it's frozen.

All of Debian main is available in our 'universe' component, unless
specific packages don't build. Our goal is to never require external
repositories - everything will live in our... universe. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!