the view from here

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 19:28:39 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Have installed Ubuntu on my pc at home after a successful install at
work, along side mandrake (very impressed with the way grub found and
added mandrake without any help). My pc has the dreaded i810 chipset so
i was presented with a black screen after boot. I installed an old
nvidia tnt card and everything worked.
Very nice distro, very nice indeed.
Only 1 problem thus far and that's getting the nvidia driver to work.
I ran module-assistant auto-install nvidia as root and got a successful
build but when I edit "nv" to "nvidia" in XF86Config-4 I get X crashes
and can only get back into x with "nv".
Other than that...

top banana!

David