KVM and mouse problems

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Fri Sep 17 17:06:26 UTC 2004

Hi Rodd,

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, rodd ahrenstorff wrote:

> Kernel 2.6 has problems with the ImPS/2 mouse driver and numerous KVM
> models.  I don't know if this problem is brand/model specific, but the
> mouse loses sync when the KVM is switched away > back to Linux.
[SNIP]

I use a KVM switch myself but i have never had this kind of problems. tho
it's a quite "high class" KVM and perhaps it might make a difference. What
I am bit puzzled is that I don't know of any reliable way to detect a KVM
(if any!) and take appropriate actions.

> Ubuntu looks very promising!

Thanks :-))

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.