Strange mouse behavior on simple, fast click

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Fri Sep 17 11:58:08 UTC 2004

Matthew Garrett wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 01:55 +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
>

>>Do you have an idea how to change this?
>>

>Are you using a PS/2 mouse? If so, do both /dev/psaux
>and /dev/input/mice appear in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ? If so, X may be
>receiving every piece of mouse input twice.

That doesn't make sense to me. Red Hat's been confugiring USB mice for
years, whether they were there or not. I think, back whe I used a 2.3
kernel to get USB support so I could use my trackball. As I recall, I
just plugged it in and it worked (I'd already built the kernel), thouhg
I can't think why RH would have configured USB in XFree86 when the
kernel didn't support it.

I do know that right now I have Sarge running with two rodents and both
work. Simultaneously if I want. One's USB, the other PS/2.