Strange mouse behavior on simple, fast click

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Sep 17 11:07:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 12:46 +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
> On 17.09.2004 11:20, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > Are you using a PS/2 mouse? If so, do both /dev/psaux
> > and /dev/input/mice appear in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ? If so, X may be
> > receiving every piece of mouse input twice.
> >

> It is not every input. Only one fast click is detected as two fast
> clicks. If I press for about a second and more and then release the
> button there is only one press and release event.
> But I'll check the config for this.

Depending on how things are updated, it's possible that a short click
would go:

1) Read mouse down from psaux
2) Read mouse up from psaux
3) Read mouse down from input/mice
4) Read mouse up from input/mice

whereas a long click would go

1) Read mouse down from psaux
2) Read mouse down from input/mice
3) Read mouse up from psaux
4) Read mouse up from input/mice

and so wouldn't cause two clicks. I think this is actually a problem in
Debian as well, so if that fixes it for you I'll file a bug.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org