IBM x40 suspend/resume

christophe barbe christophe at cattlegrid.net
Sun Oct 24 20:21:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 02:00:47PM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> > use to manage power. Thinkpads may generate an intense series of beeps,
> > those which are  not normal and indicate an error.
>
> I think the beep I get is similar to the one I get when I enable the
> resume beep in the BIOS. But I will try again to compare them.

I did some test and when I enable in the bios the beep for power events
(including suspend and resume), I get two nearly-simultaneous beeps
during the resume. The two beeps seem similar to me.
I don't know what trigger this extra beep.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe at ufies.org>

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb