IBM x40 suspend/resume

nightfly ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Oct 25 04:22:24 UTC 2004

>> As an important side note, it is normal for the thinkpad to
generate
>> a gentle short beep sound upon suspension. You do not hear this
normally
>> because of the ACPI interface Windows and most other linux
distributions

>Why do you say "most other linux distributions"? Is there something
>different with ubuntu?

You *are* using ACPI. There is nothing unique about Ubuntu on this
matter. I just wanted to point out some nice audible alerts that are
disabled. You may be able to hear that sound if you were using an APM
interface instead. This is the sound you disabled in the BIOS which was
already not in use by the ACPI interface. It is really a pleasing sound
i bet you probably never heard before.

--
nightfly