modem port on laptop

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 14:02:16 UTC 2004

Christian Casimir <c.casimir <at> laposte.net> writes:

> Sorry, I don't mean to play a "Yes, but..." game !  I suppose I could
>   envisage a USB modem... Do you all think that would do the job, or are
> there complications ahead that I am missing ?

Christian,

I had the same problem with all of my laptops. I got a PCMCIA modem card (sound
blaster modem card) and it worked first try. It's easy to carry around (goes in
the slot:) so I don't have to worry about losing it. You may want to consider
trying that if you don't want to carry around an external modem.

Take care,
-Frank