Online mail readers

Marius Van Deventer - Umzimkulu mvdeventer at illovo.co.za
Thu Oct 21 13:45:21 UTC 2004

Perhaps I should clarify.

All the popular mail clients have the ability to leave mail on the
server. However in the end they still copy mail to the local user's
folder. The Local mail folder and the mail server are kept in sync, so
the messages now exist on both the client and the server. Even IMAP does
this to some degree.

I need a client that can read DIRECTLY from the spool file
(/var/mail/username), without making a copy of the mail locally (~/Mail
or ~/evolution). The reason for this is that I want a way to separate
user storage and mail storage.

If it is not possible then I I apologise for the silly question :-)
Thanks.