Tips: Faster Download of Warty CD with Jigdo

Thomas Beckett Thomas.Beckett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:00:00 UTC 2004

Id just also mention that the windows client for jigdo can be obtained from:

http://atterer.net/jigdo/

the steps aer pretty much the same except that you would only scan
your CD and when the files to scan prompt returns you wouls skip step
7 above and just press enter. It will then trundle off and get the
latest packages that have changed from your CD.

Another tip is that you dont have to use the CD in the drive. You can
mount the iso image if you have it on your hard drive, either:
 mount -t loop <path to iso> <where to mount>
for linux - or for windows get daemon tools or another virtual CD
prog. This way you dont need to burn a CD just to get an update to it
and have to burn it again.

Tom