Login Failure ICEauthority Corrupt

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:33:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 06:25:10 -0600, jean <jeanw777 at rushmore.com> wrote:

> Volvoguy
> I tried using the command you gave me below and it comes up "failed to
> get attributes of ICEauthority no such file or directory" but through
> nano the file is there so I'm not sure what is going on there. Any other
> ideas?

Hmm... there is a "." (period) at the beginning of the filename. It
appears that I omitted it in my example. Try it again with that in
there:

sudo chown USER:GROUP .ICEauthority

Also remember that USER and GROUP are the same - they're both your
username. So for me the command would be:

sudo chown aaron:aaron .ICEauthority

Hopefully that will work for you. Sorry about the typo. :-)

--
Aaron