Login Failure ICEauthority Corrupt

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:36:10 UTC 2004

Are you sure it is corrupt and hot that the ovnership has been
changed?  Have you recently run k3b as root (this will change the
ownership of this file)?

Try the following

Ctrl+alt+F1 to get a text console and log in.

ls -l .ICE*

Is the ovnership root?  if so do

sudo chown _username_  .ICEauthority
sudo chgrp _username_ .ICEauthority