Community response of new ubuntu artwork

David david at kenpro.com.au
Sun Oct 17 06:01:36 UTC 2004

One more opinion:

The original default Ubuntu was excellent, probably the best I've seen on
ANY gui, any OS. It produced a uniformly good response from everyone I
showed it to, young or old, male or female.

PLEASE don't wreck a good thing for no good reason.

What's more, the picture IS offensive to some cultures. Leave it out. Make
it an option. Give instructions how to install it. Anything. But why
offend people for no good reason? That's just being insensitive, and it's
pretty obvious from the list reaction that lots of us are bothered by
that.

If anybody wants to put pics of their family or their favourite film star
or their pet cat on their computer, that is an individual decision and to
be encouraged. I wouldn't have that picture on my desktop, not because
it's objectionable (it isn't to me) but because it clutters the desktop.
On my desktop, I want something attractive that DOES NOT INTRUDE. I would
remove that picture. The original logo/theme was perfect.. aesthetic and
practical (and inoffensive).

David.