Default Theme v. Community

Ubuntu Forums Post list at ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 16 13:38:09 UTC 2004

[quote:bf9d338c0d="tgb at tgb.org.uk"]On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 21:34 -0400, s.roman wrote:

FWIW, I quite like this theme and use it at home and at work. I'm even
happy to visit customer sites with it as my background. I thought it
made a refreshing change to the default, fairly boring images you get in
a  lot of distros. Mark Shuttleworth described it as Art, and taken as
such, it's certainly raised a lot of discussion, although mostly from a
vocal minority IMHO. I think Ubuntu have been quite brave in using these
images when a lot of companies are cutting back to the basic,
conservative, boring lowest-common-demoninator styles.

Personally, I think it should stay. I like it. Many people I know like
it (although one did describe it as a poor choice, given the Muslim
(IIRC) religion's distaste for images of the human form).

Gareth
[/quote:bf9d338c0d]

I have to ask.....Do you work in a corporate environment?  I do and I can tell you that this theme just will not fly (at least, in the U.S.)  Don't get me wrong, I personally don't have issues with the theme but I'm sure Human Resources at my company will after people start complaining when they see my desktop.  I think the theme is great for personal use but it's going to be a "no go" in the corporate world.