After upgrade firefox has reverted and I can't reinstall 1.0PR

Richard Morrell ubuntu at dickmorrell.com
Sat Oct 16 01:19:40 UTC 2004

Hi Darren long time no talk hope you're well old friend.

Thanks for this - worked a treat appreciate the time you took to do a step by
step. Echo the sentiment as the Firefox that does ship is a piece of cr*p and
shouldn't have made the cut really.

I tend to have to use Opera latest build (static tarball from any mirror) as I
have a lot of horrid MS Exchange remote stuff to do that Mozilla just hates but
would be nice to have a friendly Firefox that didn't mean surgery post install
for newbies.

A point has been missed bigtime that release candidate doesnt have to mean
bleeding edge CVS builds of stuff like Firefox. New users touching Ubuntu for
the first time will react with fdisk when javascripts cause a browser to die
unannounced after a few times. They won't blame Firefox as they don't know that
much and don't know where to look often.

Richard