bootsplash???

Daniel Stone daniel.stone at canonical.com
Thu Oct 14 03:09:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:02:30PM -0400, paris wrote:
> Does the ubuntu kernel has the bootsplash patch on the kernel?
> If yes, Have you done any theme for it?
>
> I whant my laptop look nice when its boot !!

We do not have bootsplash or any of that in our kernel; we feel that
bootsplash is an unclean solution, and it has been known to cause many,
many problems for the distributions that use it.  For our next release
(hoary, which you can track via its development channel as we work on
it), we will have an even better startup solution.

--
Daniel Stone                                        <daniel.stone at canonical.com>