Hudson -- and a question about smart upgrading...

Michael S. Jessop candiazoo at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 03:14:16 UTC 2004

>enuf already...the horse has been beaten past death---let it go.
>pleeeeeze...

I'm with you.

-=-=-=-=  on to my question -=-=-=-=

This is a synaptic question...

O.K.  I think this was asked before and I want to make sure I
understand...  I am running on an AthlonMP machine and don't care about
the 686 smp kernel.  But at every update it wants to install and I have
to unmark it.

I remember reading the thread about using the lock flag in synaptic to
disable updates.  I *think* I want to do this so that k7 will continue
to update and remain my "0" choice for kernel on startup.

But should I do anything else?  Should I somehow disable or even remove
686 completely then tell synaptic to never bother with it somehow?

Thanks for any tips.

Mike