Installer doesnt't detect SCSI-Devices (Oldworld ppc)

Jochen Rollwagen jochenrollwagen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 07:27:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu on a G3-upgraded UMAX
APUS 3000/Supermac C600.

I have an internal IDE-HD, internal SCSI-CD-ROM and an
internal SCSI-HD and use BootX for booting the
installer.

The installer doesn't detect the CD-ROM and offers me
to load a driver from floppy (?).
I plugged in my external USB-CD-Writer which was
correctly identified and proceeded, but the
partitioning step only shows my ide-drive.

/proc/scsi/scsi contains only the USB-Writer (SCSI
emulation), when i remove it, /proc/scsi/scsi doesn't
contain any devices.

Seems ubuntu doesn't like SCSI-Devices ?