Failing DHCP

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Tue Oct 12 07:48:25 UTC 2004

I have installed ubunty (todays snapshot) onto a machine. For some
reason, however, DHCP is failing.

If I run "sudo ifup eth0" I get (among other messages)

sit0: unknown hardware address type 776

and when dhclient tries to get an address it fails repeatedly and
eventually times out.

This is on a link where I know for certain that dhcp works (a second
machine using FC2 can get a lease with no trouble).

Has anyone else had the same issue?

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden