Suggestions on packages to add to Ubuntu "main"

Super Donkey smurf_www at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 11 14:54:42 UTC 2004

> No way are
> we doing kde as part of standard Ubuntu, since this is a gnome based
> distro. Including all kernel variants is a truely slippery slope, and
> would end up taking far more room than we have to spare. Cheers, -Thom

Thank god as if I wanted a distro that had it all, I would be downloading
and installing Mandrake. I like the one CD distro. Personally I think open
office is already to much. Gnome Office should be good enough for a base
install and open office from synaptic. And perhaps work together with the
site:http://www.gnomefiles.org/ as that's a good site to find out whats
available for gnome.