Firefox Annoyances (opening downloads, desktop save directory,etc)

Nuno Sousa nunofgs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:26:17 UTC 2004

I've found several minor annoyances in firefox, and I just wanted to
know if anybody out there has seen the same. First, when you save a
download, and then go to the download window, if you click the open
button, it never opens the application associated with it (yet, when
you get the save dialog, if you choose open instead of save as, it
works). Also, some applications that show up on the save dialog to
open the file directly aren't working, probably because they need to
spawn a console and *then* the program associated with it.
Next up, in the firefox preferences, where you choose your default
save directory, if you choose 'Desktop' it'll save to your home
directory, not your desktop.

I think there was one or two more, but I can't really remember at the moment.

--
Nuno Sousa