Mailing lists

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Sun Oct 3 23:56:12 UTC 2004

nburns wrote:
> Forgot to mail this to the list..

> I'll throw in my 2cents.  At first I was a little overwhelmed by the
> number of emails coming into my inbox, but given this is such a new
> distribution, I think it's good for the users to see all of the
> different problems coming in.  Plus, if it's too much, you can just
> setup a filter to move it to another folder for reading later.  My
> vote is to keep it at one list (for now anyway).

People say to split it into separate folders without explaining what
they mean.

At present, I use this email address for this (plus sounder) and no
other purpose.

Each list has its own folder. If anyone knows a good way to split
further using filters, say so!

At some point this list will have to be split. This is a new distro, and
already this list is as busy as debian-user. The sooner the split is
made, the less painful it will be.

Anyone who wants all the U mail can, of course, subscribe to all the
lists, but at present there is no way for anyone to get a sebsible subset.

Sounder gets maybe one post a week; I was surprised when I split dingo
mail by list how little difference it made.