Netgear wireless how-to ... Anyone successfully make this work?

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Mon Nov 15 02:00:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:58:24AM -0600, Roger Scow said
> modprobe prism2_usb installed the module, but the files mentioned in
> the Howto for configuration don't exist with the same name here ... RH
> vs Ubuntu I guess.  I going to have to so some more searching around.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/networ-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 and modprobe.conf and
> /etc/wlan/wlan.conf don't exist.
>
> Should I create those files and write/edit as listed?

I just run this to connect to a wireless network with my el-dodgo ma-111:

sudo rmmod prism2_usb
sudo modprobe prism2_usb prism2_doreset=1
sudo wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
sudo wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid="INSERTSSIDHERE" authtype=opensystem

easily made into a shell script...

-rob

--
Words of the day:        War Crimes bluebird Cohiba ARPA ASLET underground BCCI