Ubuntu & Virtual PC (part II)

Asko Kauppi asko.kauppi at sci.fi
Tue Nov 2 21:24:59 UTC 2004

I did add a link into the wiki; I think that is enough (easier for me
to update the page this way; it still changes).

	http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HardwareSupportMachinesVirtualMachines

Virtual PC itself is highly usable, and I do use Ubuntu for everyday
work now (better than having a second machine around). The speed..
about the same as 400MHz PC, I'd say.  Graphics is normally a problem,
and I must admit my Gentoo is still much faster in that than Ubuntu.
Perhaps I'll optimize later..

Virtual PC is optimized for Windows XP, but it does run Linux, NetBSD,
even QNX quite smoothly.

-ak