Automagical mounting no longer working

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Mon Dec 27 12:45:48 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Montag, den 27.12.2004, 01:00 -0700 schrieb zer0halo:
 I was only able to mount manually at all
> after adding the following to my fstab file (which I don't think I
> should have to do):
> /dev/hde1	/media/cf	vfat	user,rw,noauto	0 0
the automounting only happens if there is no fstab entry for the
device....
>  but even with that I have to mount as root to access the file system
> on the CF card.
> Plus it doesn't mount automatically when inserting the device.
> I'm not even sure where to start looking to diagnose the problem, and
> I've done some searching online for the answers but to no avail. Any
> help? Thanks!
is this still the default user created on installation ? the user needs
to be in the plugdev group for a working automounting (by default only
the default created user is). another thing may be that your hal daemon
isnt started proper, to check this, just look if the device manager app
is working (its a frontend to hal).

ciao
	oli

--