Ubuntu KDE

DougC ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 6 15:41:44 UTC 2004

I quote from the Ubuntu FAQ:
"Why does Ubuntu install Gnome by default? Do you support KDE and KDE
applications?
The default desktop environment for Ubuntu is Gnome. You will find all
the KDE packages you could want in the universe component of Ubuntu. We
don't at this stage have the resources to put the same level of
post-freeze work into the KDE packages as we put into the Gnome
packages.
We are working with the KDE team to collaborate on that, so that Ubuntu
will be an excellent platform for KDE users too... more on that in due
course."

So it looks like Ubuntu will properly support KDE in the future, and
I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting this as I prefer KDE.

My opinion only.

DougC