Ubuntu KDE

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 6 16:09:56 UTC 2004

> So it looks like Ubuntu will properly support KDE in the future, and
> I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting this as I prefer KDE.
>
> My opinion only.

I may well be stupid, but I still don't understand why KDE lovers
subscribed and post to the Ubuntu list, when there are obviously so many
other KDE-centric ditros out there. Why would one want to turn a poor
dog into a cat, when there are so many cats in the streets to chose from
in the first place ? Why would you want to turn a british sports car
like say a Lotus Esprit into an Italian one like Ferr**  when they have
obviously such incompatible/different souls ?
Why don't you just use Mandrake ? I used it before switching to Ubuntu.
It works great and they love KDE and ruin poor Gnome to the point that I
gave up putting it straight.
It is so strange, really so strange. I could see that Mandrake was
clearly pampering KDE and didn't give a shit of Gnome, so when I
discovered Ubuntu, I thanked God and switched to it, simple. If I
followed your way of thinking, I would have tried to force Mandrake to
look after Gnome, when cleary they don't give a shit.
Could you please give me good reasons to waste your time forcing a Gnome
based distro to use KDE, instead of using a KDE loving distros in the
first place ?

I really, really, really, really can't see any reason, and haven't seen
any in any of the previous posts. Maybe I missed an important one.

Vince, so weird...still trying to understand.