[ubuntu-us] ubuntu-us.org website

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:26:42 GMT 2009

> Personally, my vote is for #1. Canonical servers for an Ubuntu site just
> seems right, and official.

Don't forget, LoCos are not slave labour for Canonical's PR department.
We're primaryly affiliated with the Ubuntu Foundation and the Ubuntu
Community. Canonical as a business is just one member of that wider
community.

Canonical is an affiliated business, one with a vested interest in
Ubuntu development and funding which matches that enlightened self
interest.

No matter which part of the Ubuntu community we accept resources from,
we mustn't cloud our thinking with notions that Canonical is somehow
more official when it comes to providing said resources.

Otherwise we will find ourselves looking to Canonical constantly and
find ourselves unable to think about serving our own needs with our own
skills and resources. A very bad mental position to be in.

Regards, Martin Owens

Self Appointed Lord and Master