[ubuntu-us] ubuntu-us.org website

Joe Terranova joeterranova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:13:31 GMT 2009

>> Personally, my vote is for #1. Canonical servers for an Ubuntu site just
>> seems right, and official.
>
> Don't forget, LoCos are not slave labour for Canonical's PR department.
> We're primaryly affiliated with the Ubuntu Foundation and the Ubuntu
> Community. Canonical as a business is just one member of that wider
> community.

I just want to note that since the decision to stay with Canonical for
hosting, the site's been down entirely (to my observation) since
Sunday. It may have been down longer than that -- I only noticed
because I went to give Lyz admin access, and couldn't connect to the
site at all. I remember getting Ubuntu-us.org on the front page of
Digg (Courtesy of Jono), and then having the site be down for days
afterward while Canonical moved the LoCo team servers.

Joe Terranova