US LoCo Teams ubuntu-us support

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 19 22:17:06 BST 2007

I have been thinking about something lately concerning the #ubuntu-us
channel.  We're pasting the "this is not a support channel" all over the
walls, but why?  I see why initially, when there were two or three of us
in there, but now we have a small army yet we're turning people away.

recently, within the last week, some people have come in for help and we
actually helped them (out of boredom?), and they ended up sticking
around and getting interested in their teams.

Why are we turning people away when they need help?  doesn't seem very
'ubuntu' to me anymore..

Christer