what's next idea's

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:05:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Gabriel Wollenburg <urmom111 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Make plans now, to pe part of the two upcoming Wisconsin Barcamps.

For those who aren't familiar with a Barcamp,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp says:

"*BarCamp* is an international network of user-generated conferences (or
unconferences <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>). They are open,
participatory workshop-events, whose content is provided by participants.
The first BarCamps focused on early-stage web
applications<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_applications>,
and were related to open source
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source> technologies,
social protocols <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_(computing)>, and
open data formats <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_formats>. The format
has also been used for a variety of other topics, including public transit,
health care, and political organizing."

> Madison Barcamp planned for Aug. 27th.
> Barcamp Milwaukee is the weekend of Oct. 1-2.
>
> If you want to be part of a big thing and bring some Ubuntu love to
> those events, I'll be at least one of them, maybe both and will host a
> session or two with you. Like on "How Linux is devistatingly easy and
> you should just throw your mac away, fancy man." That's a great
> session. I'm going to go register it right now.

This name is absolutely *brilliant* and hilarious.

> There is also a Fox Valley area group looking to organize a barcamp,
> but they've had some trouble booking a venue and setting a date. Find
> them and help them out! That's what you call grassroots evangelism.
>
> Ignore me.

No.

--
- Anthony Hook