what's next idea's

Gabriel Wollenburg urmom111 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:26:56 UTC 2011

Make plans now, to pe part of the two upcoming Wisconsin Barcamps.

Madison Barcamp planned for Aug. 27th.
Barcamp Milwaukee is the weekend of Oct. 1-2.

If you want to be part of a big thing and bring some Ubuntu love to
those events, I'll be at least one of them, maybe both and will host a
session or two with you. Like on "How Linux is devistatingly easy and
you should just throw your mac away, fancy man." That's a great
session. I'm going to go register it right now.

There is also a Fox Valley area group looking to organize a barcamp,
but they've had some trouble booking a venue and setting a date. Find
them and help them out! That's what you call grassroots evangelism.

Ignore me.

-G.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Anthony Hook <anthony.hook3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM, simon simple <antikoa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am down for something....and I am willing to make time, travel or host
>> something.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Mister Jones <mister.s.jones at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all
>>>  Well seeing as how everyone is going to be busy during the summer months
>>> perhaps we could start throwing out ideas for a Oneric release party of some
>>> sorts.
>>> Perhaps if we start planning now everyone can get vacation if needed and
>>> setup acomodations if also needed. Perhaps in a central spot somewhere or
>>> whatever.
>>> I would assume it will be out in October so that would give us plenty of
>>> time to get the things together we need.
>>>  If I remember right Anthony do we have a wiki spot as well I would be
>>> interested and perhaps others will be as well maybe we could start a carsh
>>> course to Unity
>>> guide on the wiki. We could all add our tips and tricks, keyboard
>>> shortcuts and any other things that would make people's transition to Unity
>>> easier.
>>>  Ok then back to work hope the day is treating is y'all well.
>>>

> We do have our Ubuntu Wisconsin Wiki, and we could use that as either a
> staging ground and then consider contributing that to
> the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity wiki, or just have the stuffs for our
> LoCo, we can do that.
> I'm fairly busy this summer; I'm getting married July 30th, but I'd still
> like to be involved and potentially set up a Release Party in the
> Rhinelander area (Jim, would you be up for this, too?).
> We've had one in Superior and one in Madison, and I'm no expert, but if
> anyone was interested in hosting one, I'd definitely be willing to help with
> any questions anyone has.
> This conversation will also be brought to our meeting (Woo! Content and
> ideas!). I'll give a few more days yet for Doodle scheduling and we'll see
> the best times we can come up with.
> Any other takers? Ideas? Plans?
> --
> - Anthony Hook