UBUNTU: There must be a leader

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sat Dec 12 18:23:56 GMT 2009

On Thursday 10 December 2009 11:36:07 pm Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:35 PM, minty <almostalive2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ****  I'm Vince! This is my vague concept of an idea  *******
> Hi Vince, nice to meet you. I'm Valorie, and my reply is interspersed.

Yours was the first readable reply here for quite sometime!  Good job!

> > Where does everyone live by the way? I'm in Olympia. Determining a
> > central location might help decide where a good place to start is for
> > events.
>
> I live in Black Diamond, and am willing to come to Seattle or Tacoma
> for meetings. Olympia is a bit far, but for an event, carpooling
> works.

I live and work in Walla Walla.  Never have the time to get out of town much.

> Do we have any connections here on the list to GSLUG or Seattle
> Linuxchix? I keep meaning to go to the Chix meetings, but it's a long
> drive in the dark......
>
> Anyway, I'm Valorie, and I use Ubuntu with KDE on top, and am starting
> to get involved with helping out in the Amarok project. I do
> genealogy, and am also a proud and active member of PFLAG, and a mom
> and now grandmother. It might be fun to get my oldest son involved in
> this group too, since he's the one who got me using Linux in the first
> place, years ago!

I also am a Kubuntu user, I have installed it on over fifty machines here in
the area and I also do a lot of the area's computer repair work. I also have
installed Ubuntu, Edubuntu, Mythbuntu, and Xubuntu for my customers.  I do
NOT however do windoze.

> Nice to meet you all.

Yes, nice to meet you all too and it is nice to again see a little activity on
this list.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403