[ubuntu-us-ut] Airing of grievances (was Meerkat Ditching 'aptitude')

Adam Olsen arolsen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 16:16:21 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Leif Andersen <tbolpi3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well...some options are a good thing to remove.  Take K-9 (the email client
> for android) for example.  It's a really powerful email client, but it has
> so many options in your face all at the same time.  Even though it was the
> only email client (that I saw) on android that was even capable of doing
> what I wanted it to do, I eventually gave up on it because I didn't want to
> spend the hour or so it would take to customize it to a usable (for me
> anyway) state.

This.  When Ubuntu decided to move the window controls to the left
side of the window, I toyed with the idea of moving it to the right
side, but in the end, I decided that I was just going to get used to
it.  I like being able to take any system from nothing to a Ubuntu
installation I can use in very little time.  I don't configure much
now, I use default themes and wallpaper - I spend much more time
configuring vim and Chrome to my liking.