[ubuntu-us-ut] Best E-Mail client

Kevin Kubasik kevin at kubasik.net
Wed Jan 16 17:43:21 GMT 2008

Well, on the backing up front, Evolution has overhauled a lot of that.
As for stability, Evolution tends to be fine with POP3, and smaller
IMAP accounts, some large IMAP accounts give issues, and WebCalendars
are known to create headaches.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik

On Jan 16, 2008 9:44 AM, MilesTogoe <miles.togoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting fed up with Thunderbird and wondering what others are using
> or recommend.  In past I found Evolution crashed a lot and also had hard
> time backing up - maybe it is better ?
>
> My issues with Thunderbird are:
> 1) Don't like the way it assigns a smtp to an email account - it
> defaults to another account and when you send a message you can't see
> which smtp account it's using.
> 2) Don't like the way it asks for passwords - can't tell if it wants
> email password, web hosting account password, domain password.....
> 3) Don't like lack of easy way to archive old messages
> 4) Don't like backup (or lack thereof) - it's all cryptic.
> 5) hard to pinpoint but I sometimes lose messages when moved to other
> folders from inbox for filing purposes.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik
http://kubasik.net/blog