[ubuntu-us-ut] Django startup

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Sun Aug 5 21:45:15 BST 2007

John Anderson wrote:

> On 8/5/07, *jtaber* <jtaber at johntaber.net
> <mailto:jtaber at johntaber.net>> wrote:
>
>     Anyone on this list using Django with Feisty ?  I have installed both
>     python2.5 and django (0.96 latest from backports).  But
>     permissions/links seem screwed up between the django folder under
>     /usr/lib/python and a separate folder under python-django.  The
>     result
>     is that I cannot run "django-admin.py startup myproject" and get a
>     syntax error (no, nothing is misspelled).   Hmmm, rails works better
>     than this but with all the python folks at ubuntu, something must
>     be wrong.
>

> Have you tried django-admin.py startapp myproject
>
>  instead of startup?  i'm not sure what startup does, I couldn't find
> it in the docs.
>
> Or could you paste the syntax error you are getting?

sorry, I meant "django-admin.py startproject myproject"   - I've tried
running it both as stated and even with "/usr/lib/python2.5/.....
django-admin.py ......" .  Just got a syntax error message with the
carot being under the end of startproject in the first case and under
the projectname in the second case.