[UbuntuDallas] A reasonable request.

Kendall Brown kendallbrown at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 12 15:00:01 BST 2007

Hey Guys:

I have an update for those of you who still enjoy a challenge.  I was
finally able to boot up the Live CD of Ubuntu 6.10 yesterday.
Yes...miracles still happen in todays world.  LOL.  While this is
extremely good news to me I was unable to do it consistently.  I was
able to boot into it three times out of ten attempts.  I was using the
following boot commands: noapic nolapic nopmcmia noacpi.  I was
basically turning off everything I could in an attempt to make this
work.  Like I said before....I did get in a few times but I couldn't do
it every time.  Is there something else I need to try?  I'd also like to
know how to edit my boot sequence to add these commands to it
permanently, once I've installed it to my hard drive.

Kendall Brown