[Ubuntu-US-PA] Carpool? Fwd: [NYLoCo] Karmic Release Party for Western New York Rochester, Ithaca, Syracuse and others

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 12 15:28:52 BST 2009

Hey everyone,

It's a couple months away, but the NY team is starting plans for their
Karmic release party. I've worked with the NY team a lot, and they're
having a release party in a town I used to live right near when I
lived in upstate NY.

So I'd like to go to their November 8th release party at the Holiday
Inn in Waterloo, NY. It's about a 6 hour drive from where I live in
Pottstown, and while I will go it alone if I have to, it would be nice
to have company on this trip. I'm taking 81 up, so I'll drive past
Allentown and Scranton and could arrange pickups in/around those
cities. I figure I'll leave morning/mid-day on Saturday, we meet up
with some LoCo folks and/or my old friends in the area Saturday
evening, attend the release party on Sunday and then drive home.

Who's up for it? If we plan this out early enough the NY folks have
said they can probably get discounts on rooms at the Holiday Inn
Saturday night.