[Ubuntu PA] Install-Fest at NTR - success!

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 02:43:25 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm quite exhausted so I will have to keep this short.  The install-fest
at NTR went very well today.  I think our small team did an excellent
job of pulling our limited resources together.  The core install team
that I speak of: Jim, Alex, Ben, Randy, Joe, and myself.  Did I forget
any other installers?  I apologize in the advance.

Also a big thanks to Alex's girlfriend, Gabby, and Joe's girlfriend for
helping out.  Jim brought a nice spread of special "Ubuntu Bread",
bagels, and coffee.  Randy brought bags of chocolate.  Someone donated
money so Ben bought 8 liters worth of soda.  Pizza appeared from thin
air.  I still don't know who got that.

Wes, Terri, and Michael of the Mt. Airy CVG showed up with the Girls Inc
PC.  I saw a several people from PACS: Chris Freeman, Rich Sias, and two
others.

When we went into this, we intended to keep track of everyone
attending.  We were out numbered and eventually gave up on counting (at
least I did).  We believe that about 25 - 30 people showed up in the 9am
- 6pm time span that we were there.  Some people brought more than one
PC.  Sometimes we took turns working on the same PC.  An exact head
count will be tricky to come by.

What I do know is that a lot more people showed up than I had expected.
I ran into a lot more installation problems than I expected.  I had much
more fun than I expected.  We should probably start a whole thread on
things we need to change in future install-fests ... for now let's just
bask in the sweet success of this one.  Besides, I gotta hit the hay,
I'm freakin' tired.

Please, share your thoughts.

-kevin