[Ubuntu PA] [Project] Girls Inc date shifted to June 9th

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 1 15:54:29 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:49:44AM -0400, Kevin Valentine wrote:
> space.  I would suggest at least a 5GB partition for Ubuntu.  Others
> from the LoCo team have suggested sharing a /home partition (fat32) with
> Windows.  That way, anything they save in Windows can be accessed from
> Linux, and vice versa.

We discussed this in IRC a bit - fat32 as /home isn't going to work.
fat32 doesn't understand unix file permissions, hard links don't work,
and this could lead to unexpected bad problems.

We should probably just go with something like a 2G shared fat32
partition that we can call "Data" or "Documents" or something.

Elizabeth Bevilacqua // lyz at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Women Project: www.ubuntu-women.org
Ubuntu PA US LoCo Team: www.meetlinux.com